Wednesday, January 30, 2019

BREAKING THE ICE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY

We arrived on Sunday, January 27th, at 3:30pm at the Colegio Salesianos in Ibi.
When we arrived our host families already were waiting for us. I was a bit nervous, but there was no reason because my host family was very friendly! We went by car to their flat. It was a bit strange for me that they had their own parking lot in an underground car park, as if we were in a mall or something. At home, in Kohlscheid, our garage is at a courtyard.

Then we took a lift to the flat. That was also new for me because in my home town I do not take the lift to the third floor, I walk! But the flat of my host family looked like a flat in Germany. After I unpacked my things Raúl, my host brother, asked me to go with him to meet the others in town.

We got back home at 9 pm. That was weird because in Germany I have to be at home by 6 pm. When we returned home, I wanted to take my shoes off, but they left their shoes on (I’m used from home to take my shoes off at the entrance). I went for a shower, but until the water got warm I was 3 years older! It took soooo long to be warm! After the shower we had dinner at 10:30pm. I’m usually already sleeping at this time in Germany. I finally went to bed at 11pm. The next morning I woke up at 7 o’clock...  very late for me in Germany, where I wake up at 6:00 am.
For  breakfast we drank  milk and ate  Donuts... that was very YUMMY! When I’m back home in Germany I’ll  tell my parents that they have to buy  donuts for breakfas, too! I like the Spanish culture and I am a little bit sad that I have to go home …
- Anna-Lena, Herzogenrath, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment