Wednesday, January 30, 2019

THE GUESTS AND THEIR THOUGHTS


At first it was weird staying with a family you didn’t really know. You couldn’t speak your own language and it was quite hard at first but you got used to it. The culture is very different and I still think it’s weird to wear shoes inside because in Finland we take them off. My host family has been very nice and welcoming and I’ve had so good time with them. I think this is going to be a great week.
-Oona, Parainen, Finland


In the beginning it is weird to live at some strangers’ house because you don’t know their culture and their manners. Sometimes you don’t know even their language. But after a few days you get used to it and you are familiar with their routine. Of course, on the one hand you miss your family and your friends at home but on the other hand you don’t want that the week finishes. 
- Michelle, Herzogenrath, Germany


I am staying in a host family in Ibi, Spain. It is my first time in Spain! When I arrived I was a little bit nervous but all in all I was happy. My host family was very nice to me, I think they were a little bit nervous too. But we understood each other quickly and after that I really liked them. We talked about our countries, the weather, the food and some other stuff like games, for example Fortnite. I also played Fortnite with them: Our Squad tried to win, but we got no chance. It was cool.
- Leon, Cologne, Germany


When I was standing at my host family's apartment for the first time, my first thought was " This is so cool! I can actually see a real spanish house with real spanish traditions. This is my dream!" Now I have already stayed there for two whole days and my thoughts are still the same. I'm so thankful for this opportunity and I love my host family. I'm looking forward to this week. It's going to be great.
-Jasmin, Parainen, Finland


This was my first trip to anywhere far, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was surprised how much different Spain is from Finland. I stay in my friend's house, and we had already talked about some small things here in Spain. Like not taking shoes off, and that is for me very weird. When I came to the house the first time I was so amazed, in a good way. My host family and their house is lovely and wonderful, the week is going to be awesome.
-Christa, Parainen, Finland


I flew for the first time by plane and it was really exciting. In Ibi, everything is so different from my hometown. For example, in Finland, we don't wear shoes inside the houses. The language is also different, I can't understand a word these people are saying. The weather is so much warmer and I like the weather in Ibi better than in Finland. This trip is interesting and I have learned much in here, I'm so happy to be a part of this project.
-Hilla, Parainen, Finland



No comments:

Post a Comment